Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Salon

We now return you to your regular station....
I used to hear this a lot on old fashioned-3channel-television. I guess it's how I feel since I've been out of the blogging loop for a bit. Now I feel ready to start by returning to the Sunday Salon. So, without further ado...

 

Outside my window.... Saturday evening and waiting to go to dinner with friends....yumm. It's still sunny, but the shadows have changed. The light filters sideways. It looks cool and peaceful....it's deceiving!!  It's still 108 degrees! Yep, at 6:10pm! But...it's a DRY heat. (For my son in Biloxi, Mississippi that has a LOT of meaning!)
I am listening to...gentle conversations in the background, Rich watching Zen on Masterpiece Theater, Jase and his Dad talking, the purr of the cat, the rustle of the dogs' collars. Just background noises for sure.


Favorite things from this week...It hardly seems that last Saturday we were in San Diego. It was fantabulous. So to try to compete with the goodness that is SD we went to hear Jeffrey Deaver at a book signing. Love going to the Poisoned Pen because it means pizza at Grimaldi's too! Add shopping for fun stuff, meals with friends and dates with the husband and it was a wonderful week.


I am thinking...how much I L.O.V.E. summer, weekends, free days, free schedules, freedom....

I am grateful for...the cool of the morning, ice cream, watermelon, nouns & verbs, my iPad, Mexican food, good books, lively conversation, NPR, and a free schedule.

I am reading...The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (still), The Little Prince, Teach Like a Champion (still - let's just call this a book for the summer and just assume that I am reading it every week, shall we?!?!), True Sisters, and Lots of Candles - Plenty of Cake. Jase and I went to the library yesterday and brought home The Duckling Gets a Cookie (LOVE Mo Willems - I WILL use this with my 4th grade class this year!!), Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (Jase read this over and over and over yesterday) and The Diary of a Worm (again, another must do with my 4th graders. Why do I forget these things?!?!)

I am listing...things I think of in the middle of the night.

I am creating ....Pinterest boards. (I did try three things off of Pinterest this week....my shower glows and we had two yummy meals. She shoots, she scored!)

Plans for the week.... Prep work and painting of the living room/library!! Finally! (The hubby will be astonished.) Meet a sweet friend from HS for lunch, go to the movies, eat popcorn for dinner and celebrate our freedoms with hotdogs, family, watermelon and gelato!! I also solemnly swear that I shall read until I'm tired every single day this week......

 There...that's better. All should be in tip-top working condition again now.

1 comment:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I love Mo Willems also! And I even love his website!

We are slated to get 108 today - that means you all will probably get 114 or so. Yuck - can't wait for monsoons!