Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday Salon - Easter


Outside my window... A bright and sunny Easter. An Easter egg morning...oh yeah, throw in the chocolate bunny ears too!

I am listening to .... My grandson humming and singing. Delightful.

Favorite things from this week ... April Break!!!!! It was a short week, but a hectic one and things look to be even more so this week, nonetheless; having Good Friday off was worth it!! I slept in a bit and read in bed which feels like heaven on earth to me. We also celebrated a 5 year old's birthday, went on a date to the park and rode bikes around the lake, finished our taxes and played games with J&K. Last night we hunted Easter eggs at a church party, jumped in the jumping castle and went out to dinner with J&K. Yep, this has been a great weekend.

I am thinking ... about Science stations for review, math stations and test prep. (The AIMS is next week...say your prayers for my students, please!!) Literacy Night at school and meeting Suey, Susan from Bloggin' 'bout Books, and Melissa from One Librarians' Book Reviews this week!!!! (Can we have a yahoo, please?!?!) There is also Book Group this week and a much needed appointment with my hair-wizard and the dreaded mammogram. Yikes. I could easily feel a bit overwhelmed today - good thing I have some chocolate Easter bunny stuff to help with that!

I am grateful for ... ideas, communication, Easter, relationships, hearing "Daddy!!", bike riding, "plenty", friends - " Friendship is born at the moment that one person says to another, "What, you too? I thought I was the only one!" C.S. Lewis. I am also grateful for Easter baskets that I still get to fill (but without the pressure of years ago....) Oh, and of course I am grateful for chocolate bunny ears and Robin eggs.

I am reading ... The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Macklin, The Diary of Mattie Spenser by Sandra Dallas (a re-read for Book Group), Annoying; The Science of What Bugs Us, Readacide, and many more!!!!!!

I am listing ... Lesson plans, Review plans for my students for science, weekly agendas, and I'm creating SmartBoard games and stations. Good thing I have more of today.

I am creating ... I wish I could say a sense of calm, but that would be lying. I think I am creating that little thumping in your throat when you know you are a little apprehensive. Too many work worries. Drats. Time to go to my happy place.

Plans for the week ... Enjoy the ride!!! Meeting Book blogging buddies is right up there with meeting Davy Jones and the Monkees!!

Enjoy a wonderful Easter!!

4 comments:

Alyce said...

It looks like you've got a lot going on! I hope you enjoy your break and have a wonderful Easter!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Hope you had a nice Easter --we did.

Susan said...

Can't wait to meet you guys, either. I'm SO excited!

Suey said...

Right up there with meeting Davy Jones? What?