Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'm Still in a Daze

(Saturday morning!! Can you believe it?)

I think I'm in a mental fog.
Not in a bad way.
I'm in a processing phase, I think.
The fog is a protection for those precious memories.
I had a great trip and now I am processing how to incorporate
everything I learned and remembered.
I am trying to place the memories into their proper new places.
I am trying to remember the sweetness of reunions and the joy of newly-hatched friendships.
I am trying NOT to think of school/work and the things I have to do.
That causes the fog to thicken.
I am in denial that I have things I M.U.S.T. do.

(Book Group Read this month!)

What a great book!
It was my traveling companion but only got opened when
my eyes could barely remain open each night.
Yet each time I opened it I fell right in.
I love it.
There are sticky notes marking each bookish-phrase.
Just holding it led to great conversations with fellow book lovers
AND
an invitation to join another in-person book group!!
Wow, the power of a book!


Waiting in airports...
Hmmm.
Painful? Boring? Frustrating?
I have a different take on it now.
We waited over 6 hours for our flight this last week...
BUT
the results were fantastic!

We were protected from equipment/mechanical malfunctions.
Received a $$ travel voucher to sweeten the bad taste of the medicine.
Made a 100 new best friends.
Talked books with loads of people.
Found new sisters - not of birth but of heart.
Although I didn't think so at first...
it was a pretty good trade
for 6 hours of my time!

I want to process my trip and thoughts a bit more before I record them here.
Until then I will sit in this fog.
Some might call it avoiding what needs to be done.
I will call it processing!!
GRINS ;)

3 comments:

Jenners said...

Sometimes a fog can be a good place to process things. I loved that Potato Peel book. A great travel read to dip in and out of. And it sounds like you made the best of your 6 hours.

Suey said...

So glad you had such fun! And yes, I DO believe that snow! :)

Alyce said...

I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I'm glad you were able to turn the wait into a time of friendship and fun.