Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Salon - Week 3


Outside my window: It's finally dark and cool. I love the cool of spring nights.

I am listening to: The Darth Vader theme song as hummed by a 4 year old.

I am watching: Nothing. This week I am determined to read more...oh, AND finishing report cards and writing folders. Deadlines really do something for the motivation.

I am thinking: How I hate being sick...this was NOT the way I wanted to spend my Sunday, but at least I didn't need to get a sub!! :)

I am grateful for: a cool fan, Ibuprofen, a caring husband, and time to mend.

I am reading: Wrong Number by Rachelle J. Christensen for me and The Yearling by Marjorie Rawlings for Book Group.

I am photographing: the newly painted office, a retirement party, and the last days of third grade for these students.

I am listing: To-do things for an upcoming trip. Anyone have any great places to visit in Denver??

I am creating: Ikea office furniture. Well, not me exactly. The dear husband is, but he lets me help....take out all the boxes!

On my Pandora: I am listening to my Hilary Weeks station.

I am hoping and praying: that a friend's son will arrive in Sendai, Japan safely. That he will have much service to give and that he will be safe for the 2 years that he will labor there. I am praying that my sweet friend will know that he is safe and that she will find comfort.

Around the house : I am thinking of ways to decorate the office. I love the grey and white. Will the accent color be a bright cherry red, a smashing turquoise or a sunshine yellow??

From the kitchen: Dinner tomorrow night for guests. Will it be Ritz chicken or Crispy Ranch Chicken?

One of my favorite things: text messages from my kids.

The children this week: At school the students are doing their last projects as third graders. We are doing presentations on Earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanoes! We will see a few of our own munchkins this next weekend when we journey to Tucson for a trip to the zoo, a night at the Gaslight dinner theater and a birthday lunch with my mom. Our third son graduates from Air Traffic Control school this Thursday in the Air Force!! The skies over his base will be safe (he promises not to sleep on the job!!)

Plans for the week: Complete the end of the year list at school, pack up the classroom for another year and wish my principal a sweet farewell.

On this date: in 2008 we were attending Seminary Graduation for our daughter. How I loved hearing all the graduates sing Sisters in Zion/Armies of Helaman!! It was amazing. How I love those kids - their spunk and their spirit. They truly are awesome.

5 comments:

Suey said...

Ah you are sick too? My cold was much better yesterday than Saturday, and so far so good today. Here's hoping it really is over... sort of!

I vote for turquoise and hmmm... both chickens sound good.

Good luck with all your year end teacher stuff!

Jenn said...

When are you going to Denver? We had talked about going there last year or this year, but I want a backyard more than I want a vacation. :)

Alyce said...

I hope you're feeling better. I love watching kids discover all of the Star Wars series. :) I'm listening to my Maroon 5 station on Pandora, which oddly enough has been playing mostly Frank Sinatra.

Jenners said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope you feel better soon. You had so much to share and say that was fascinating. I love the idea of turquoise with gray and white ... sounds like a lovely color palette. And we're expert Ikea assemblers here. Well, my husband is. I tend to get things very wrong. I'm not good at following those diagrams!

Bookfool said...

I've had a cold this week, too. Today, I'm just so down I could scream. Maybe Zumba will help. Apparently, I haven't visited you in a while. I missed the fact that you lost a kitty. I'm so sorry. I hope his brother is doing okay. They look so lost when they lose a companion.