Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Salon - Wrapping Up Spring Break


Wrapping up this Spring Break - Sunday Salon Style

Listening --To 17 Miracles...A tear-jerker of a movie playing in the background. J&K are enjoying a Sunday night movie together and keeping me involved. I watch from the table where I can polish up lesson planning and work on the computer....

Eating -- Easter Robin Eggs. A real tradition. I need to hide them from myself.

Loving -- Spring Break!! It was great !!! Spring Break started out with the Tucson Festival of the Book. Fantastic. Of course this wacky weather was also crazy and the festival had snow, rain and cold weather! It meant smaller crowds on Saturday but selfishly that was fine for me. Sunday it was sunny again and by the end of this week we were actually 94 degrees!! Oh my golly gosh. I stayed home all week and read, relaxed and read some more. It was totally cool!

Reading-- Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

Feeling -- Grateful. Our grandkiddo's eye pressure readings are falling!! Yippee! Surgery is now postponed til summer. Stand back glaucoma - we are ready to kick your patootie out of the park!! My stepdad is out of the hospital too. Double yippee! And while we're at it....baby Tinsley got her 1st tooth!! How cool is that?!?! 

Thinking -- I am still in a bit of a book-hangover. I finished two great books this week. ( Me Before You and Small Damages - totally awesome books and first time authors to me.) Does it ever make you feel a little leary about the next one? It does that to me. 

Wanting -- A reasonable way to review/cram a year's worth of work into 3 weeks before standardized testing....I think this is every teacher's worry. Help them remember it all! No worries, mon.

This Week -- Meetings and teaching, I'm cook for the week, A possible interview for my better half and finish up report cards!! Yep, Spring Break is indeed over.

No comments: