Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Birthday!


Happy Birthday, Honey!!

Good men are like diamonds. Real valuable. They must never be taken for granted, because they make the world a much stronger, safer, happier, easier place for e.v.e.r.y.b.o.d.y. AND, they need to be told how valuable they are. Rich you are a diamond and you are valuable to me!

You're my best friend, confidant and support.


You're a great provider. Rich can work on three computers at once too!! He's worked and labored over the years, sometimes working 2 and 3 jobs to provide for us and make sure that we are taken care of. He never complained about it either. What joy to see a man work so hard for us. A true diamond.


You are a great teacher. Rich can explain almost anything. What a gift.


I love how you relate to the grandkiddos. Rich enjoys his family. I cherish that quality in a person. Rich enjoys folks who want to 'play' with him....and his version of 'play' can vary from race cars to gardening. He enjoys sitting around and talking and sharing and time with the family is high on his priority list. I love that about him!


Thanks for being flexible. Rich can roll with the punches and say, okay, what's next. Like, green paint, no wait, yellow paint, no wait, grey!! He's flexible.

You like to make your own paths!! Rich is not a good follower when he is in a car OR on a trail OR following instructions to assemble something BUT when it comes to following in the footsteps of a good leader, Rich is a champ. He has followed his father in righteousness . He follows his church leaders. He follows the prophet and that makes my little heart about pound out of my chest. What an honorable man.


You are a WORKER - hardest one around. When Rich works he works hard and when he plays he doesn't work at all!! He pushes himself to the limit and enjoys being busy. I am in awe of what he can do when he sets his mind to it! Now that's a diamond in the rough!


Anyone need some help? See the car, packed to the limit? This was about the 5th moving trip to Tucson that you made for our daughter-in-law. Rich gets right in and takes care of what needs to be done! He's focused and generous and pretty amazing.

You are an adventurer! We've gone on many 'adventures', much to my chagrin, but in the end I typically like the journey and the fun with you! Thanks for being the Indiana to my Jones!

Yep, you're competitive and like to win. Rich loves to race and drive fast. I figure it's good training for winning the race in life against yourself! You're fun to play with.

You are always prepared...you see, you even have your towel on Towel-Day! Rich never wants to be caught without something...bungee cords, toilet paper, light bulbs, projects, garden stuff, PVC pipe. The guy can never buy just one of something... But I love a guy who thinks ahead. He's prepared for most anything.


I love how you want to celebrate a birthday. Rich doesn't want special attention on his birthday or special presents. He just wants your 'presence'!! The birthday celebrations he loves best are the ones where the kids come and give of their time and muscle!! We prepare a big breakfast and he loves to go racing. What an easy dad he is to buy for. He doesn't want to burden any of the kids with having to get him something. He just loves having them around to help him.
Smart man.


I am definitely your 'ball and chain'!! Rich will take me anywhere, help me with any project and supports me 150%. I sometimes I feel like I hold him back from his progress. I'm just glad that he holds on tight to me.

Rich, you are my forever-diamond. I'm glad I got a high quality one like you!!
I love you!
Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

What a lovely post! And I love that ball and chain! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Anonymous said...

This was very special! Happy Birthday to your hubby. May he have many, many more!