Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Think I'm Crabby... or something!

Disclaimer: I think I'm crabby or something.... and it doesn't happen THAT often (okay, my family would be laughing, but at least for long periods of time!)


It seems that everything is a little off this school year. Not enough time, harder class, lower abilities, harder tasks and requirements, larger class sizes, same high expectations, loads of stress, no place to vent... Geez, who am I kidding, every teacher has it hard, I guess I'm just crabby.

My reading time has seriously been sucked up. Gosh that could be another reason I'm crabby. Hmmm.

I have not lost weight on my "see-ice cream-and-eat-it-diet!!" Gosh, that is not fair! Every girl needs ice cream after a hard day! Yep, I am definitely getting crabby!

My last two books have just not been perfect for me. Don't get me wrong....most people are loving them. But I guess I just have that "I am just not that into you" kind of attitude lately. Drats! Maybe someone else would love them - it seems that most do. Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog and Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George were good books. interesting characters - strong male characters too and that's a plus! There was a brand new twist in Fairy Tale when the boy needs to leave this world to take his rightful place as Fairy King in the Otherworld...but his earthly girlfriend is determined not to let that happen!! Princess at the Midnight Ball was the retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses by the Brothers Grimm. There was a lot of back story to this that really fleshed out this fairy tale and it featured a great male lead character that even knits!! Sure I liked them... so why didn't I love them??? I purposely didn't read any reviews of the books before I read them but I did read them after I finished. It seems lots of people are loving them. So why not me??
I am sad to say that maybe I didn't bring what I needed to the table. Those authors worked hard and did yeoman's jobs. Can I say it was all about the timing? Or maybe I'm just crabby!?!?! It sounds like it, doesn't it?

Well today is a new day....

Maybe I'll just try acting like this one instead....

4 comments:

marry said...

you're so funny

Jenn said...

I am completely with you on the ice cream diet. With the crazy hours I am keeping I am living on pepsi and I know that it is not being nice to my waistline. Here's hoping it will settle down soon. I have had crabby school years too...several in a row in Glendale. Hopefully it will pass soon!

Jenners said...

Well, everyone has crabby days ... and you could read the best book in the world and it might seem like drivel!!!

And I've tried that ice cream diet too ... didn't seem to work.

I was stopping by to thank you for your lovely comment that you left a while back on the post I wrote about the death of my father. It was really lovely and spoke to me -- The Little Prince is one of my favorite books and the quote you shared was just beautiful and made me cry and smile at the same time. Thank you soooooo much.

marry said...

girl you can totally borrow it ... I need someone to talk to about it