Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thanks bunches


Oh my goodness - I feel like I have won an Oscar or something!! Thank you to a sweet Susan for passing this on to moi!! It made my day.

This nifty little "feel-good" is given to bloggers whose posts come "from the heart." ( I do know I have one lately 'cuz it's been tugged and pulled and stomped on... sorta like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz!!) I'm supposed to pass it on to 7 bloggers, then answer a little meme. But I'll break the rules and write first and tag next...this brain tries to do the most important thing first...oops, I think I got online to pay bills!! Oh, whatever! Here goes: 10 Random Things about Me!

1. I love rain! It could rain almost everyday and I would be a happy camper!! (Well, then again - not at recess time or at lunch time! Give a teacher a "break" would ya?!?!) I do love when it rains on weekends and I especially love when the clouds build up, all black and blue, and it just pours and pours! Can you tell I live in the desert? Actually I grew up for several years on an island in Washington state. Maybe that's where this rain-love comes from!

2. I do NOT like clear soda pop! My mom would always give us 7-up or gingerale when we were sick. Now it makes me feel sick whenever I even smell that stuff!!

3. Bird feet freak me out!

4. I had a monkey sit on my head once! It was on an island in the Caribbean and I really "paid" for it!

5. If I had a personal motto it might be, "Is this the hill I want to die on?" It's made me back down from ruining many a relationship.

6. It was my goal in high school to date the Student body President...and I did!

7. I love chick-flick movies but I don't like chick-lit books. I enjoy thriller books but won't even go near any thriller movies - no way! I enjoy fantasy books but not fantasy movies (okay, Harry Potter is an exception.) I hope the book-to-movie people are not trying to please me.... I'm a hard sell!

8. My favorite smells....desert rain, a bookstore, puppy breath, and the coffee aisle at the grocery store! Mmmmmm.

9. Greek food is my favorite! Wanna share a gyro?

10. I grew up playing tennis since I was in 3rd grade. I had the whole shebang...lessons, tournaments, cute little skirts, fancy rackets, and a killer lob. I don't think I could even swing a racket anymore. Goodbye Wimbledon!

So now on to some bloggers who deliver up their whole heart ---

Jennie at The Krazy Karges Life makes me laugh and smile - but she should, she's my "baby girl!" I am loving reading her take on life. She's forthright and more than bluntly honest with herself and others. I admire her BIG heart...

Jenn at A Storybook Story is fairly new with her blog. Her daily posts are so heartfelt and her "voice" is more than real. She sees things with clarity - plus she has really cute kiddos - my grandkids!

Jenners at Find Your Next Book Here is a hoot. She is one caring person and writes frankly and with a great sense of verve. What fun it is to read her blog and check on the heartbeat of her life and books!


I've been a lurker on Amy's blog, the English Geek for several months now and boy does she feel like a fellow soul mate. Her inner thoughts are recorded with passion and I admire her honesty with herself. What heart that takes. She doesn't seem to try to please anyone but herself. I think I want to be like her when I "grow up!"

Lesa at Lesa's Book Critiques is a professional librarian across town from where I live in this big hot state. Her blog is always full of new books, she has fun giveaways from her "closet" and she's always giving us rundowns of authors who visit or come to chat. I love her little glimpses into her life as a librarian and the heart she has for books, authors, and patrons! She is also so very supportive of everyone.n

I think I've been reading Melissa's blog, Book Nut, since I started blogging. She's led me to more fun (in book format) and she's a whiz in the blogging universe. Her interviews with authors and reviews on Estella's Revenge give an insight into the kind of heart she has...

I happened onto Amanda's blog, A Patchwork of Books, a long time ago. She was amazing as she blogged about her job as a librarian and then as she gave birth to a sweet little boy. Unfortunately his little life was so short but he won the heart of everyone who read about her journey. She and her husband are on to new adventures and she still blogs about almost daily. She gives the best "book commercials" for kids books!!

Thank you, Susan, for making my day - if I could play recess tag-backs I would. Your blog inspires me and I just know we should do lunch one day!! Now on to what I was doing when I sat down....paying bills.....ooh, look there's another cool blog.....

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks!

Susan said...

You know I love you, Gaye, and we should do lunch sometime. Or meet up at the Poisoned Pen. Or something!

I grew up in Washington State, so I'm with you on the rain. I love it when it gets grey and gloomy here - it makes me feel right at home. It also makes me want to curl up with a good book and turn down the a/c so I can enjoy my fireplaces!

Lesa said...

Someday, Gaye, I'll get a chance to meet you, too. Thank you for the great comments about my blog, and my feelings about books and libraries. I do love them. Isn't it great to share that love of reading?

Lesa - http://www.lesasbookcritiques.blogspot.com

The Coons Family said...

I love the little tidbits about you! And I agree about the rain, except that it makes my husband have to work longer.

Jenners said...

Oh how sweet you are! I love your little tributes to all the bloggers you chose (me included) and I really enjoyed reading your 10 honest things! That award is a fun one -- you always learn such interesting stuff from it! Thank you so much for thinking of me. And I'm not a big one to pass on awards but I sincerely do appreciate the thought.

And I love rain too! I went to college in Oregon and it was wonderful -- perfect for studying. And I know what you mean about bird feet!! : )

Susan said...

Did you see the message I left you on my blog? The publisher of BLACK ANGELS asked me for suggestions of what other bloggers might be interested in reviewing the book - I suggested you among others. Hopefully, you'll hear from them soon and get your own copy of this wonderful book!