Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Miracle of March

I love the miracle of March! In first grade it seems that finally everyone can read!!We've been working hard all year and now it seems to totally pay off. It happens every year without fail but every year (without fail) I am amazed, surprised and ever so pleased! Even my little ELL students are catching on, can do things all on their own and we seem to own the day!! Hooray!

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! We will celebrate with The Cat in the Hat tomorrow, make bookmarks and enjoy making our own version of 1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. I just wish there was more time to play first grade but CRTs are coming up in 7 weeks and now we are on a great roll - - - I don't want to lose our momentum!

I am reading The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs to my husband as we car pool each day. What a crack up! We are really enjoying it. Mr. Jacobs took on a year project of taking the Bible literally and living almost all of the 700 rules he found in the Old and New Testaments. Some are laugh aloud funny while others are introspective. The wonderful part has been his growth and belief in himself and the spiritual journey it takes him on. Nosey ol' me loves memoirs and personal "rides" through life. Beyond that I am still reading Playing for Pizza, blogging, completing chores, working and avoiding my final project for my ELL endorsement class. It seems to be the last thing I want to do each day. I still must have a bad case of Spring Fever.

I did go in to work for several hours on Saturday and got a lot done, never enough but it felt terrific. I didn't begrudge the time and actually felt so relieved to get ahead in some areas when no one else was around. I now feel like I will be ready for report cards this next week as well as for the State visit tomorrow. Again, the miracle of March also brings hectic schedules!! Spring Training is also here and on these pretty days it makes anyone want to sit in some bleachers and watch Spring ball. We are planning a weekend at the Ostrich Festival this next weekend and the Renaissance Fair the weekend after that, wahoo!! Spring fun! Before you know it we will be to Easter and April. Wow! How can the days go so fast?

Happy Birthday to you tomorrow, Paul. I am so glad to see you happy, healthy and enjoying your life. I love you beyond measure and love the man that you have become. Thank you for being my son and for being a great example to me of loyalty and dedication and love. You are great!!

Yeah March!


No comments: