Friday, March 21, 2008

Okay, I think I can....

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.... "

Famous words by that little engine are going to be my motto. I am being pulled into my first reading challenge and when I wonder if I can do it I will just murmur "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." What I am really worried is doing all of the little computer -technology things with it. Truly; linking to something, attaching photos and all that jazz seem to be what holds me back more than anything else. But I am going to try!

Here's what I am starting the Quest I with:

Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt

A String in the Harp by Nancy Bond

Blood and Memory, the Quickening Book Two by Fiona McIntosh

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

The Uses of Enchantment by Bruno Bettelheim (ok, so this one is a nonfiction book but it is all about the meaning and importance of fairy tales and is considered a handbook for those in education and those concerned with child development. I did some research on it in college and now can really take the time to read it. I guess that's a round about way of making it work!)

I pulled all of these off my bookshelf today!! I guess I could count that on another challenge if I was a double-dipping kind of girl!I don't seem to have any mythology books so I can add another book if something along the way crops up! I love it that I can grow, read a few more books off the shelf and stretch!! Here is the link to Carl's blog http://www.stainlesssteeldroppings.com/?p=863#more-863 .

I have loved reading other blogs and their ideas and challenge books. Here's to trying something new and "stretching"! I knew my word of the year would find it's way in here!

2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm all about the double-dipping! ha! Feel free to combine challenges, I encourage it. I'm so glad you're taking the plunge and joining us. I think you'll have alot of fun.

Anonymous said...

The Goose Girl is on my challenge list too! Good luck!