Thursday, February 28, 2008

Leap Day

Happy Birthday Drew-boy! I know you haven't had many "real" birthdays but they sure are fun!! I hope that you know how much we love you, love your kind and gentle influence and value your opinions and insight. You have grown into quite a gentleman!

Reading for pleasure has taken a back seat to work, class and family. Unfortunately sometimes my spirit calls out to be fed through the written word!! I miss the hours of reading and sailing away with my imagination. I have enjoyed the brain research books though, it's always nice to be able to apply what I'm reading right away. Several "work" books are also in progress. I keep hoping that some of it will just sink in if I carry them around with me long enough.

I started Playing for Pizza by John Grisham this weekend. I love football so it seemed like a natural. We'll see how I like it. The premise is that a down and out NFL quarterback travels to Italy to play for a local team. It should make for some interesting diversion and some good bedtime reading. I was sucked into a local bookstore though. I swear my car just turned itself into the parking lot via the magnetic forcefield!! I figure if it can happen in Star Trek it can happen here. It was pretty amazing as books just jumped into my arms too. Quite a phenomenon if you think about it. I swear it happened that way, "that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!"

The weather here is beautiful! 82 degrees today. It's just darn hard to work. The kids in class either have spring fever or the flu! One way or the other it is hard to keep 'em focused. The teacher seems to be working hard and is tired - it should be the other way around. I should work them so hard that they are tired and I am just the leader. Well, who ever really said that probably wasn't a 1st grade teacher.

I would love a day at the park, a day by the pool with a book, gosh, I do have Spring Fever!

No comments: