Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Summer List and Sunday Blogpost!

Kneaders French toast - it was on the list!!
Kneaders is brand new in the valley and we are HAPPY!
I started the summer with a list of things I wanted to do...you know; places to go and people to see!! Things I really can't seem to find time for when school is in session and I am caught up in teaching. But, I was really surprised at the fact that so many of the things on my list involved food! (Insert frowny face here as my pants are getting mighty snug!) This week I am going to go work with a friend who has developed a  great granola mix that she sells at local farmer's markets...it's on the list! It has been such fun to choose something new to do everyday and then to try to find someone to do it with!!

Listening... to the still and the quiet. Isn't it funny how this quiet is peaceful because I know noise and bustle will be returning shortly!?!? At other times quiet is lonely. I like this quiet tonight.

Eating... Paradise Bakery Lemon Zester cookie, ice cream, Backyard Tacos, Birthday dinner at The Keg for Rich (yum!), BBQ foods at the family June birthday celebration, Kneader's French toast, great hot-weather salads...yep, it's been a good eating week. Tonight I made it simple...a fresh BLT with home-grown tomatoes - YUM! (Geez, I have got to make sure I get to the bike riding, hiking and walking part of my summer-to-do-list! No wonder my pants are getting snug.)

Reading... my Reading list is eclectic. I have reading-ADD. Currently reading:
  1. The Beyonders by Brandon Mull
  2. Accessible Mathematics
  3. Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo (audio)
  4. Marco Polo (all the books I could find at the library in the juvenile section!)
  5. Top of the Morning by Brian Stelter (about the cutthroat morning TV wars!)
  6. The Shadow of the Blackbirds by Cat Winters
I have a huge stack more just tempting me and reminding me that I need to read faster!!!!

Feeling... happy! I love summer. I love my family. I love bagels. I love my friends. I love reading. I love my air conditioner. Random happy things I love!

Watching... Longmire (based on the Craig Johnson series of books that we love), and all the end of season shows on my DVR. I can't wait for Covert Affairs to return in July as well.

Wanting... a new haircut and color. It will happen this week. Yippee!

Thinking... how excited I am that my students did so well on our standardized tests(AIMs)!!!! I was over the moon-excited when my principal emailed me the results. The hard work was so worth it and my kiddos really rallied and shined! What a great confirmation that what we did worked. I wanted to bottle up that feeling and sip on it over and over. I literally sat in my car reading the email and wept!! Tears of joy for jobs well done. You kids rocked!!!!!!


Random Fun Photos.....


1 comment:

Jenn Vaterlaus said...

I can't see your pictures. :( Thanks for spending a fun day with me this week! See you again soon! <3