Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Salon





Listening - to the whir of the fan. Yepper-di-deppers folks, it hit 100 degrees here at 1:15 pm today. I love my fans!!

Eating - Saturday morning bagels with my honey, lunch with friends in Scottsdale (next time I am definitely getting the blueberry pancakes no matter what!) and wedding reception foods that night. Saturday was like a smorgasbord of foods. Today we just had C.O.R.N. (clean-out-refrigerator-night.) It was definitely interesting!!

Reading - The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan with my Walk to Read kiddos (these 40+ kids have never been so excited as this to have started our Greek Mythology study!) I am also reading The Trouble With Tuck by Theodore Taylor with my regular class. Jerusalem Maiden by Talia Carner is the next book group book and there are three other books on my nightstand! Love it.

Feeling - Sleepy. Enuf said.

Watching - Jack the Giant Slayer at the cheap theater Friday night. It was better than I expected. Certainly worthy of the movie treats we bought. 

Wanting - I really want to see 42 but Rich wants to see Oblivion. Good thing it's my turn to choose the next date night. 


Thinking -  The last few days of school will whiz by. Our superintendent wrote a newsletter to our district about "The 90 Days of May" which made me laugh. It does NOT feel like 90 days to me, it whizzes by too fast but I do have 90 things to do in those quickly fleeing days. Get your big-girl panties on....here it comes.

Random Coolness -

               

The joy of spoons, cups and noise!! It is definitely the simple things in life that make us smile.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Suey said...

100 degrees! I don't think I could handle Arizona.

I'm with Oblivion. Dying to see that one. And Jack was fun, yes? I really liked that one!

Alyce said...

I love the Percy Jackson books! We went through the Lightning Thief series over the course of many months (reading twenty minutes at a time before bed). Prior to reading the series I hated mythology (in part because I could never keep any of the gods, demi-gods, etc straight). Now I feel like I have a decent handle of who's who, granted not with the full and accurate back story, but much better than beforehand.