Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hush, Hush


I enjoyed finishing this on a blustery, rainy, stormy day;
when the weather equaled the climax of the story.

I didn't know anything at all about the book when I started
- that was a perk.
I can't remember who recommended this or where I heard about it but, I seriously
loved this cover!! Since I wasn't sure what the book was about when it came in I just plucked it up for the cover art alone and was willing to take the chance!
(Seriously, how will the whole e-reader thing affect book covers?!?!)

Genre - Young Adult Fantasy
Book Jacket - "A sacred oath, a fallen angel..."

Kudos to the author for reeling me in and keeping me reading even when I wasn't sure I liked the character development or not. I'm glad I stuck it out. Still it felt a little rough around the edges and there were parts I didn't like ( seriously I wanted to 'Gibbs' slap' the protagonist more than once and say GROW A BRAIN!) but then the author would step the pacing up and I'd enjoy myself again. So... the book delivered the punch I wanted on this first day of a three day weekend.
It was a fun read to accompany the staccato rain patters outside.


1 comment:

Jenners said...

I can see the attraction of the cover. I often see a cover that grabs me and then check to see if it is cheaper on an e-reader so I guess it works both ways.