Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

(We graphed my reading for last year to practice line graphs!!)

My 3rd graders know I'm a Book-a-holic. They know I love to "get in the zone" and just read. They know how excited I get when the weekend comes and there's time to read.

Yep, I'm indoctrinating them. (Hope I'm teaching them too - just a side thou
ght!)

But weekends have been busy with lots o
f activities and reading time is taking a bit of a back seat. Here's the evidence....

A trip to Tombstone and Helldorado Days. (They do have a library!!)

Ride'em Cowboys!! (and girls...)

Doc Holiday was quite the reader and loved a soliloquy or two, but the day of the Gunfight at the OK Coral he was a troublemaker extraordinaire!

Three adorable Primary performers!! What fun to sit in church and cuddle with these lovelies. The trip to your house was worth every mile!

Halloween decor at every turn in my daughter in law's house.It was so much fun to be there and see the traditions of t
heir family. Jenn, can you come decorate for me?? I love every detail!!! (Look at the apothecary jars carefully...one contains eyeballs!!)

My partner (in crime & life) knows that I'm still a cotton-pickin' Texan down deep, so when I spied cotton growing off the highway on our journeys, he pulled right over for a great photo -op!

Books are still traveling with me thoug
h...right now I'm working on 3-4. Well, a girl's gotta have some fun!



A book group book that is humorous, intriguing and very readable.

Awesome!!


I'm still avoiding reading reviews and holding my opinions on this one. I think I need a little more time to fall "into the zone" with it, hmmm....maybe this weekend!~

(Now that Parent-teacher Conferences are over, I may even sneak in a little midweek reading too....)



No comments: