Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's Killin' Me!



Okay, I admit defeat!! The subjunctive tense, the reflexive verbs...they have me stumped. I am dyin' here... Why, oh why, did I think I could do this online Spanish class in 8 weeks? (Oh yeah, just to finish up my ESL endorsement by June, that's why!) Well, never do that again.

The end of the school year is always nutty and equally as busy as the beginning of the year. Just throw in the fact that we're tired AND there are report cards, promotions, parties, field trips, moving into a new class and a new grade - AND Spanish! ACK!

Just to add insult to injury the library called and three books from my Wish list arrived. Talk about bad timing. Look what's waiting....























Talk about temptation. I also agreed to read the Time Traveler's Gift for Jennie. It's my "travelin" book and is going everywhere with me (along with my Spanish book!) A girl has to have SOME fun! (What the heck, I even forgot about the bookgroup book, Sway, that I have to cram in. Gosh, I may have to become a Speed-reader.)

I'm trying to truly soak up all I can in these last few days of school (how many you ask?!?! 10!) I will be moving to 3rd grade for the next school year. I want to remember what a joy AND what a challenge it has been to be a 1st grade teacher for the last 5 years. It's a bittersweet change. My kiddos have surprisingly done very well. I have poured myself into them and we've all survived. I smile at that now, but there were days when I doubted it!

So bring it on Spanish, let's take another test so you can kick me in the patootie. It's May and summer freedom is just around the corner.

(I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....)

1 comment:

Suey said...

You can, you can, you can! :)