Well alright it's Sunday as I post this BUT it was Saturday when I started it.... it's the thought that counts, right?!?!?
1 Book you read and/or reviewed this week
Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
2 Words that describe the book Life altering
3 Settings where it took place or characters you met Small town Pennsylvania
4 Things you liked and/or disliked about it 1. This was reality after a catastrophe - no TV show could equal it...it was all plausible!! 2. I was sucked into the drama rather quickly and got so involved that I kept counting my cans of food on my shelves in case of emergency!! 3. Research was evident - no off the cuff guessing or predicting. When a cataclysmic event happens to the whole world, how will we cope? 4. Hope and dismay were both present. Just like life!
5 Stars or less for your rating? 4.5 I'm still thinking about it!
In rambling news....
- I loved celebrating my birthday at the park with everyone!! It was worth getting older for the perfect day I had!! We rode rides, fed the ducks, sledded down the grassy hills on cardboard ( what Arizonans won't do to pretend there's snow!!) and ate Eegee's, cupcakes and chocolate mousse cake!! Sugar overload!! Thank you Mr. Weatherman for the perfect 72 degrees with scattered clouds. Thank you, family, for adding laughs and love!! I feel blessed!
- Rich took me out to breakfast - my favorite meal to eat out at! Yum!!
- AND I got books and gift certificates to my favorite bookstore. Can you guess where I'll be Monday?!?! Wanna come? Was this a good weekend or what?!?!
- I got this neat sign from J&K - I've coveted this forever! Thanks!!! Help me design around it?
- Football was everywhere....both of my teams lost but I got to watch and revel in the excitement.
- It's a holiday weekend and I'm ready to play, relax and go see Suessical the Musical!! Who needs work?