Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Books = Brain Food!

Being a bookworm boosts your brainpower into old age

(Study out of Baylor College of Medicine via MSNBC and Today's Health)

Now there's proof that holing myself up with a book is good for me....

So...in order to stave off old age I am cramming my little neurons with delightful pieces of information!

For example, here are some of the words I learned while reading, Top of the Morning; Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV 
by Brain Stelter....

evinced, polymath, panopoly and plenteous. 
Whoa! 

I discovered what the Principle of Favorability is while reading The Alchemist by Paul Coehlo.

I was able to peer into the mind of a furniture refinisher in Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman.

I discovered what 'freegans' are while reading the mystery,
Bookplate Special by Lorna Barnett.

I learned that Philippe Petit walked between the twin towers in 1974...in broad daylight(!!) when I read 
The Man Who Walked Between the Towers by Mordecai Gerstein. 

I discovered a new set of heroes in 
Helen Keller and Anne Sullivan when I read 
Helen Keller; Out of a Dark and Silent World 
by Sandra H. Shichtman. Those two women astounded me.

Thank you, dear books! 
Now, back to the stacks...

No comments: