I feel like I'm crossing over into some Star Trek year or something...Stardate 2010!! Wow! And I was just getting good at writing 2009 on the white board at school.
As this year wanes and a blue moon shines I want to remember some of the great memories of this last year...
- I love carpooling everyday with Rich. He makes me go home on time and it's like a continual date. He enjoys the time waiting for me even more since he has his iPod linked up with podcasts and game applications.
- Three weddings dominated 2009!! How can anything top that? At the Mesa temple, at a roller coaster theme park and at The Little White Wedding Chapel in Vegas. New family to love. It's so cool.
- Books are a great souvenir. I'm still relishing books from this summer's vacation. A great memory is the little lady who hand sold so many to us.
- Our weekly date has been going on for more than 33 years now. We still love it. It's like an insurance policy. Taking others along with us is a blast too.
- I can get rid of 100 books and still have full bookshelves.
- Getting books in the mail brings out the kid in me! It's like Santa Claus!
- I am a much slower reader than I used to be. I think I have 1st grade teacher brain...everything in short segments!
- There are so many terrific books out there. I remember when I was in 6th grade and read all of the biographies in our school library. I will never come close to that again. The more I read of book blogs the more I realize that I will never even begin to read a small portion of the books I'm dreaming of.
- I am terrible at Reading Challenges. I am pretty good at reading for my in-person book group however. I'll celebrate the positive.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- North of Beautiful by Justina Chen
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- The Scarlett Pimpernel by Baronness Emmuska Orczy
- Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett
- Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
- Read 8 of the 10 Book Group books this year.
- Read from my shelves or the library this year.
- Make personal scripture study more of a priority. So, put it first! No blogging, emailing, or other reading until it's done each day. (This one is going to be hard!)
- Complete my ESL endorsement by June 2010. This will seriously cut into my reading time!!! (Note - I have already enrolled in a class starting in 2 weeks and then will start my last Spanish class in February!! I'm on top of this one - right now anyway!)
- Walk 3 times a week - download reading podcasts, talks, Prairie Home Companion, or audio books to accompany me!!
- Find the top of my desk!
- Put my grades and gradebook on the computer!